Secret diary of daintymarchen

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Why a new nick? Why this Nick?

Why a new nick?

1) I am trying to break away from my old nick..
Think I'm getting too "old" for it.. ha..

2) I think I'm too "predictable". People who do know me will know the "std" nick I will always use..
Hence it becomes easily traceable.. Hey I'm trying to be a little more mysterious here okies... :P

3) For a fresh start? So I can "filter" some "unwanted guests"? ;)

4) Cos ... I want to change my blog? Hope to get a little more inspired to do up some "customised" designs for myself.... (a) To occupy time by doing something constructive... (b) To be unique - be it nice or not...haha.. (c) Hopefully can get freelance projects from my "beautiful" artwork. haha..

Why this nick?

I have tried with a few nicks. They were just a little far from being "perfect" till one day I chance upon the word "marchen"
(i.e. fairy tale in german). Wanted to use it for my nick but was mentally prepared its gonna be commonly used. True enough, I didn't managed to get myself registered under this nick. Insisted on using this nick, so I wanted to find a word to concatenate with "marchen".

Now.. why "dainty"... Wait.. Alright, I know those who knows me are starting to puke right now. I admit okies.. I'm juz fair from being dainty. It's really really a word I don't think I will ever use to describe myself. Haha. But why the word then?

Few months back, there's this day.. my mgr came by and I suddenly heard him saying this.. ".... U are very dainty le.."... When I heard it.. I almost fainted.. I was bursting into laughter in my heart.. My goodness!!! Seriously I don't think any of my friends would describe me as dainty..... I won't even say that abt myself.. I emailed Eugene the same day to tell him abt it.. He almost flipped by the comment too and suanned me back saying that he's glad I agree that I am NOT dainty at all! Told him he could be a little more subtle abt it haha...

Anyway, back to main topic... Well why am I still using the word since I don't agree with it?

1) Cos no one's using it.. It's unique combination...

2) Since this is nothing but just a fairy tale.. I can be dainty in an imaginery world right? Just don't wake me up from it.. hahaha...

The birth of the nick "Daintymarchen"... =)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home