Secret diary of daintymarchen

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Kurt Wenner

I've always admired Kurt Wenner's drawings.. When I read on papers that he came to Singapore to do a drawing @ the National Museum for its opening festival.. I've wanted to go down to take a look at the exhibit.

It was said that the work was done in pastel chalk and would not last for long period but I juz didnt managed to find time to go down until today, hours before heading to Esplanade for Budak Pantai's performance...I went down juz to take a look at the drawing! It was good that it's free entrance on Friday night.. (or izzit not? anyway..) Even if I had to pay for entrance to see the drawing I would do so... I am really am that curious and keen to see the drawing in real life instead of juz from pictures!

I'm still in awe how he managed to do it juz with chalk and I admire him for his ability to visualise the views so well... This picture was snapped via the lens provided for visitors to get a more 3D view of the image...





This is really a wonderful piece of work.. Fantastic.. however, I thought it might be better if the drawing fits the surrounding better to make it fit in more naturally juz like many of Kurt Wenner's works... The historical landscape seems so out of way in the modern looking museum now and the color theme used is so off the color of the tiles too... Giving the impression of very erm.. "paste on" effect... quite disappointed in that sense.. oh well... Erm can't really find a better way to describe the "fitting in" part.. prob for anyone interested, pls visit Kurt Wenner's website u'll get wat I mean if u compare the differences in the effects of the drawings at the different venues.. :P

And of cos the worse of the worse are kids who ran in and STEPPED on the drawings! OMG OMG OMG.... they should huff made few layers of barriers to prevent kids from going in too!!! Imagine the damage caused if anything happens to the drawing!! Gosh..

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home