Secret diary of daintymarchen

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Yummy pasta...

Was out for a shopping trip with 2 colleagues today in town and we stopped by at Fin Seafood Cafe @ Marina Square for lunch. It's a rather cosy place... not a very big cafe but I must say they really do have some interesting items on their menu.

They don't really offer much variety however their creativity in the menu items are really worth a try.

We shared a serving of Calamari for sides.. Not too bad...... not a big serving so it was just nice for sides just before the main course.

Calyn had Fish n Chips while Jessica had the Fish Fingers n Chips. The comment for Fish Fingers was that it was kinda oily. Not much comment from me since I didn't try it. :)

I had the Soft Shell Crab Spaghetti in Chilli Crab Sauce for main course...Interesting combination I thought... Italian with Jap n Chinese (or rather local flavour....) I admit I am quite a pasta person to begin with. However

the unique combination in the dish was enticing enough for me to try it I guess...
so decided to be adventurous for once.. was just crossing my fingers that it won't turn out to be too spicy since I can't really take spicy food lately. But hey it did turn out well. I loved my main course. Its really interesting.. the soft shell crab was fried till crispy and the sauce was just nice .. not too spicy .. it adds an interesting flavour to the whole dish. But I do find the sauce a little too diluted though.. perhaps if its a little thicker and more concentrated the taste might be better? But overall its really nice...

I'll recommend to stop by and try the spaghetti when you are around the area. Another thing to note is that they do not charge service charge or GST at the shop. So what you pay is Nett as per what you see in the menu :)

However, they do not serve iced water there.. so be sure to order a drink together with your meal when you are there. And .. oh yes.. they did add an unique line of 'disclaimer' at the bottom page of their menu. So kewl.. so creative. :)



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home