Secret diary of daintymarchen

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Pressure pressure and more pressure

It's the season to b "pressured" again to attend the D&D... I dunno.. Its either cos I don't feel the bond .. The thought of attending the event just doesn't "appeal" to me.. Or its probably cos I don't think much of it.. (I'm sorrie to have to say this esp I'm kinda close to the committee pple) I don't know.. its like when you go thru all the trouble to think of a theme each year... but no one dresses according to it!!! Pple who win best dress award is always the "standard" few pretty lads & lasses...who always appear in their best formal gown. Erm...may I ask.. what role does the theme play huh?? ...Then next its the mentality of all who attend. Seriously speaking.. do u really think everyone attend it cos they really feel the sense of belonging that I'm still searching for (after almost 2 yrs???) the answer is sadly, NO. A vast majority of the staffs go for the simple "thrill" or "fact" that its a FREE "high-class" meal with all expenses paid by company and of cos not forgetting the thrill of winning something free via the LUCKY DRAW!! That's soooooooooo erm.. DUH!!!!! As I was going through YR's D&D photos.. I was thinking.. HEY that's so fun.. everyone makes an effort to dress according to theme.. If mine was like that I guess I'll be more sporting...at least they bother they feel the bond (or least makes an effort to create the bond). Rather than going for a free meal, stick to ur same old gang, coming back not knowing anyone else from other sites STILL.. making no difference in creating a bond.. but feeling glad u won something in the lucky draw? CHEY! cheap thrill... I still cant explain why I don't feel the "urge" to wanna go... .. Neither could my ex-boss.. He simply couldn't figure out why I could have a group of pally colleagues at work but yet I don't feel like attending the event. Neither can I. Anyway..if he was still in the company this year.. I probably would give him face.... (erm.. I did say MAYBE right? :P)

Anyway, I really wish to concentrate on my revision while u guys & gals erm.. enjoy yourself at the event. I have an exam to sit for the following week (or rather juz a couple of days after that) And its a paper consisting of 4 "modules" 2 of which I attended classes for and I'm totally NOT familiar with them and the other 2 are not taught in the school totally cos its not FUNDED! OMG! I'm still wondering how I'm gonna survive it.. :(

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home